POMPEY PARK PLAY SCHEDULE ( INDOOR PLAY ) (BALLS ARE NOT SUPPLIED)
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30am to 11:30am; Sat 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
CLOSURE DATES AT POMPEY PARK
August 2018 thru December 2018
Saturday, August 4th Last-Minute Special Event
Saturday, August 11th Track & Field Banquet
*** Weekly Schedule Begins!! Monday, August 13th ***
Wednesday, August 15th USTA Training
Saturday, August 18th Annual Roots Festival
Saturday, August 25th Special Event
Saturday, September 1, Basketball Tournament
Monday, September 3rd Labor Day – City Holiday
Saturday, September 8th - Special Event
Wednesday, September 26th - Senior Club Dance
Saturday, October 20th Dance & Step Competition
Saturday, November 3rd Family Fun Day
Saturday, November 10th Diamonds & Pearls Showcase
Monday, November 12th Veteran’s Day – City Holiday
Monday, November 19th Sr. Club Thanksgiving Feast
Thursday, November 22nd thru Saturday, November 24th
Thanksgiving – City Holidays
Monday, December 24th and Tuesday, December 25th Christmas – City Holidays
OPEN PLAY PICKLEBALL RULES:
Pompey Park Community Center
1. Each court is assigned a box for paddles. YOUR PADDLE MAY BE PLACED IN ANY BOX.
2. IF any player or players want to play together or oppose each other, they place their paddles together in the box.
3. After a paddle is placed in a box, it cannot be re-positioned unless it is to complete a foursome ahead of them.
4. When a paddle is taken out of a box, and replaced in any box, it is to be placed as the back paddle
5. The front four paddles in the box determine the next players for that court
6. A group of four can stay on a court as long as no other paddles are in the box for that court. If one or more paddles are in that court’s box, those
new players are to be included in the rotation upon completion of the current match
7. After your match, you or your group may move to a new court by placing your paddles as top paddles in that box
8. All players are to conduct themselves as responsible and respectful people, and to assist lesser skilled players. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.